I have no background in plant sciences or pathology. The other morning, I did find a worm on my baby bok choy plants, but my solution was to take the worm outside, not conduct a research study. As such, I often understand very little of what the Researcher is actually proposing to do with his or her funding, and it's really not necessary for my job. But sometimes, I see something interesting when reading through those lengthy Scopes of Work:
This is one of the slogans for the Don't Move Firewood campaign, which teaches of the ecological dangers of chopping firewood in one location and taking it to another. When you move firewood more than a mile or two from its point of origin, you risk introducing harmful pests and diseases into the new environment. The problem is especially acute in campgrounds, when nature-lovers bring their own wood for fuel.
Go ahead, count how many "that's what she said" references are in this post...

No comments:
Post a Comment